- Opportunities for holding Provincial offices: Election of officers and other key positions will occur at the Provincial Synod, April 16-17, 2015. The Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for the open positions, all of which are three year terms, except Executive Council which is a six year term. As of December 10, only one nomination had been received. Read more...
- Webinars from ECF:
- Spiritual Resources Online (January 13, 2015 7:00 PM ET)
- Vestry Orientation (January 15, 2015 7:00 PM ET)
- The Leader's Heart (January 27, 2015 7:00 PM ET)
- Transformation by Capital Campaign (January 28, 2015 7:00 PM ET)
- Why Endowment Structure Matters (January 29, 2015 7:00 PM ET)
- Commonly known as YASC, applications for 2015-16 are now being accepted for the Young Adult Service Corps from young adults between the ages of 21-30. The application deadline is Friday, January 2, 2015. The application is available online here.
- Applications are now accepted for the 2015 United Thank Offering grants. The application forms are available here. The deadline is 5 pm Eastern on Friday, January 15, 2015.
- 125th Anniversary United Thank Offering Special Young Adult Grant - an additional grant opportunity is being made available for young adults, ages 21-30. First deadline: February 1. Read more...
- The 2015 application process for the Fellowship Partners Program at The Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF) is now underway. Created in 1964, the Fellowship Partners Program has made a significant impact on the Episcopal Church by supporting emerging scholars and ministry leaders at an early stage of their careers. Deadline for application: March 13, 2015.
Province II Synod 2015 - April 16 & 17, 2015 - A tentative schedule for the synod is now available. Watch the web page under the Synod/General Convention 2015 menu tab for the latest information
Around the Province
- The Diocese of Rochester -
Spiritually Processing Ferguson from Episcopal Diocese of Rochester on Vimeo. The Rt. Rev. Prince G. Singh (VIII Episcopal Bishop in Rochester) and the Very Rev. Cindy Rasmussen (Rector, St. Mark's & St. John's, Rochester) discuss the challenge of spiritually processing the events in Ferguson, Missouri - and how we might move towards healing peacefully and breaking down barriers.
- The Diocese of The Virgin Islands - The December issue of the Cathedral's newsletter is out.
- The Diocese of Western New York - Local bishops write historic joint pastoral letter - Bishop Franklin in the news...and on video