Navigating General Convention
Have you been wondering what General Convention is all about or trying to find a way to explain everything to your congregation? Here is a source with tools to help you out! These have been gathered together by the Episcopal Church Foundation.
Wondering how to follow the discussion? The hashtag for General Convention is #gc78. Beth Felice, Director of Communications for the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri, has compiled as a resource a notebook created in Spundge which pulls items tagged #gc78 from blogs, websites, twitter, flickr, Instagram, vimeo, youtube.
There will be a Media Hub for the 2015 General Convention of The Episcopal Church. Tune in here for live-streaming from Salt Lake City of legislative sessions from both houses, daily worship, press round-ups, and on-demand features. Plus you'll find links to coverage from Episcopal News Service and a complete calendar of events. June 22 to July 3, 2015.
Praying for General Convention... The good folks at SSJE have created a page chocked full of resources for #prayersof the people at General Convention. Visit this site to download a ready-made #prayersof campaign for dioceses, churches or any group who wants to participate. Ready-to-print bulletin inserts, text for bulletins or emails, Sunday school lessons, images and web content are all available for download at no cost.
More about General Convention
- General Convention The official website of our General Convention
- Marriage The report of the Task Force on the Study of Marriage
- Presiding Bishop nominees Read about the four nominees and watch their videos.
- The Blue Book Reports Read the reports and recommendations of all committees and task forces.
- TREC The report of the Task Force for Reimagining the Episcopal Church
An Adult Learning Retreat
Friday, Oct. 9 – Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015
Holy Cross Monastery, West Park, New York
- Leaders: Dean & Lynne Weber
- Info & RSVP:firstname.lastname@example.org 201-568-1763
- Cost: $220 for retreat, room & meals Friday eve – Sunday lunch (confidential scholarships available – contact Lynne Weber)
- Deposit: $100 deposit due July 1; balance due August 1, 2015
- Checks payable to: Church of the Atonement
- Information: 201-568-1763 or email@example.com